Wednesday 31 January 2007

My INS topic: IMDB film and television database

I decided to use IMDB (Internet Movie DataBase) as a subject for my blog as the information on this website is amazing and very reliable for Media, Drama and Marketing students as well as the general public:

http://www.imdb.com/

The IMDB website features so much information, from searching for one of my favourite films Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, the stream of information presented to me is in excess:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0357413/

I can look at film posters, production stills and clips from the film as well as trailers.

What is also a great feature of this website is it tells you the genre of films and TV and will give you a plot outline explaining what the film is about. As well as the original taglines from the films posters, campaign and DVD/Video cover.

I would have to say that the most useful feature of this website would be the User comments, normal people, not hired marketing experts covertly trying to get us to watch their films, but real people adding their own comments, some brutally honest and some building up a great response to the film.

If you want to find out more about a particular actor you can click the links and see their filmography as well as any writing/directing history that person may have had.

For example Will Ferrell: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002071/

For my next blogs I will be looking at sequels coming out and how much information is available about them

No comments: